~Nashville Mustard (Leavenworthia stylosa---yellow form) growing in a neighborhood field~
This lovely plant is often seen in cedar glade conditions like this field near our house. Also on this site are glade sandwort(Minuartia patula) and sedums. The ground is squishy wet underfoot during the spring and bone dry all summer in full sun.
and now for the rest of the story:
I've been tagged by shady (Does Everything Grow Better...). Shady, there is nothing weird about me I am so normal, sweet, kind and well, just about perfect;-) Okay, okay, I'm it!
Here are the rules as copied from shady's site:
"Once tagged, you are to write a post listing ten weird, random facts or habits about yourself. Then you find 5 people to tag. Not only do you list them at the end of the post, you have to tell why you chose them. Next, you must leave a "You've been tagged" comment on their blog. They'll come back to read the details. Once these good people have posted their list, they must remember to let you know. One good thing - they can't tag you (or me) back! ;-)".
1. I never untie my shoe strings when I take off my tennie runners....
2. I have a habit of making up words for common items, like tennie runners for tennis shoes. The English call them trainers which makes perfect sense, but would someone please explain how they got 'Jumper' for a sweater? I mean it's a sweater!
3. I have a slew of cartoon characters and their tag lines in my head...
4. I love the stark beauty of a cedar glade and a country cottage garden....imagine them together in the same yard... clown pants.
5. I can remember either the latin name of a plant or its common name but not at the same time.
6. I love metaphors.
7. I am almost completely right brained....which drives our left brained friends nuts. Take the test here
8. No one believes this, but I am an introvert.
9. I get distracted all the time and forget what I was going to do, going to say and just now going to type....oh yes, that is it! I don't really know how to type!
10. I miss Molly Ivins...
I am going to tag Tina, In the Garden she will love this task, Beth at An Urban Plot, she writes about sustainable gardens and is a new blogger, Dave at
The Home Garden, his blog is helpful and he is funny, so his list will be good; Wicked Gardener, she faved me and I would love to know a gardener who is wicked; Francis at Faire Garden, a wonderful story telling gardener and Phillip at Dirt Therapy, two of my favorite words together. These folks are not just the 5 that got too close to me and couldn't get to home base...they are bloggers I want to know more about.