|I can almost always find a four leaf clover if I need one
|Western Daisy and other wildflowers in our son's former play area
|Newly sodded monoculture Winter 2009
Clover just makes sense.
- Does not need supplemental watering
- green all summer
- requires very little mowing
- needs no fertilizer
- grows in poor soil
- feels great on the tootsies
It's wildlife friendly.
- Larval host to butterflies
- Provides nectar to butterflies
- Seeds for some game and songbirds
- Attractive to honeybees.
To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee,
One clover, and a bee.
The revery alone will do,
If bees are few.
This post was written by Gail Eichelberger for my blog Clay and Limestone Copyright 2011. Please contact me for permission to copy, reproduce, scrape, etc.