Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Gail Channels Sally Field
Two of my favorite gardenbloggers, Rose, Prairie Rose and Linda, Garden Girl have kindly given me awards. Both had the nicest things to say about the recipients. Would you all understand if I told you...I really don't need an award...the greatest gift from this fantastic blogging journey has been meeting all of you wonderful people who visit my blog. Linda and Rose have been good blogging friends. Thank you...your kind words are the best award this shy girl could receive!
Blogging is more than an an online journal for me. It is about a community of people I have come to respect, admire and really enjoy. I like you all so very much. Every time I open my blog and see a new comment, I feel honored that you have taken the time to share a story, give a word of encouragement or just rest awhile and look at the photos.
It's true, I am dancing around the issue of passing the awards on...I am going to, I am just slow. If you want to read a really good post about awards...Rose said it far better than I could in her post!
How's that for a fox trot to the other side of the ballroom! (My post shall be forthcoming)
While weeding and thinking about awards...it hit me very strongly that I wanted to give an award to some special people.
So here goes!
1. Leanne. For her courage. She isn't a blogger, but she jumped in one Wordless Wednesday and asked for help....then she came back to participate in the community conversation.
2. To all of you... For your generosity. You joined the conversation to offer your advice and encouragement and it was greatly appreciated.
3. To all non commenting visitors. For your curiosity. You don't post, but read our blogs. We know you are there and appreciate your visits! Please feel free to comment; you can post as anonymous and we don't care if you haven't a blog.
4. To all my Gardenblogger friends. For your compassion. You have enriched my life and offered me support during difficult times and laughter, so much good laughter! Thank you!
5. To my husband...For his unconditional love. He still doesn't get blogging, but he encourages me, listens to my post ideas, goes on field trips and occasionally suggests places to visit.
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. --Albert Einstein